Wise County 4-H’ers competed in the Rolling Plains District 3 4-H Fashion Show April 16 in Bowie. Cotton Awards donated by Rolling Plains Cotton Growers Inc. were given to the best cotton garments in the construction and buying categories in each division.
Participants in the district show have completed a series of lessons in clothing and textiles and have sewn or bought a garment. The project teaches basic clothing construction, grooming techniques, leadership skills and consumer education.
The Fabric and Fashion Design Category teaches youth design elements.
The senior 4-H’ers who represented Wise County were:
- Alex Martinets – 1st place, Construction Formal
- Christian Cross – 1st place, Buying Casual
- Jennifer Endsley – 2nd place, Buying Formal
Intermediate Wise County representatives were:
- Fallon Sachse – 1st place, Construction Dressy
- Lyndi Luttrull – 1st place and Cotton Award, Construction Specialty
- Caitlin Pruett – 1st place, Buying Dressy
- Christy Mahaffey – 1st place and Cotton Award, Buying Casual.
Junior 4-H’ers representing Wise County were:
- Katelyn Lanfear – 3rd place and Cotton Award, Construction Casual
- Lauryn Luttrull – 1st place, Buying Specialty
- Delaney Ingram – Participant, Buying Casual.
In the Fashion Story Board competition were:
- Sydney Keating – 1st place, Junior Wearable
- Anne Marie Wells – 1st place, Intermediate Wearable
- Caitlin Pruett – 1st place, Intermediate Accessory
- Fallon Sachse – 1st place, Intermediate Jewelry
- Emily Egle – 1st place, Intermediate Pet Clothing
- Jodie Wells – 4th place, Senior Wearable.
Congratulations to all of these 4-H’ers.