Winners in the Texas AgriLife Extension Service Rolling Plains-3 District 4-H Record Judging were selected July 8, when screening groups met at the Wilbarger Memorial Auditorium in Vernon, according to Kelli Lehman, extension program specialist 4-H for the 24 Rolling Plains counties.
There were 60 junior records, 79 intermediate records and 73 senior records scored in 39 different subject matter areas. Junior and intermediate records were placed first through fifth place. First place senior records will be submitted for state judging, where they will compete for scholarships and awards.
4 H is the youth development and leadership program of the Texas AgriLife Extension Service, a part of the Texas A&M University System.
Forty Wise County youth participated in the contest.
In the Junior division we had 14 kids that participated. Results are as follows:
- Thomas Edwards – 4th place in Beef
- Fallon Sachse – 2nd place in Clothing and Textiles
- Lyndi Luttrull – 1st place in Food and Nutrition
- Jacquelyn Bailey – 3rd place in Goat
- Michaela Martin – 2nd place in Goat
- Emily Egle – 1st place in Healthy Lifestyles
- Harley Dearing – Participant in Horse
- Sadyee Herndon – 2nd place in Plants and Animals
- Ross Filbin – 1st place in Plants and Animals
- Katelyn Lanfear – 2nd place in Photography
- Brady Vanover – 2nd place in Poultry
- Lauryn Luttrull – 2nd place in Rabbits
- Thaine Laaser – 1st place in Safety
- Carson Read – 4th place in Swine.
In the intermediate division, there were 17 kids that participated. Here are the results:
- Amber Orr – Participant in Beef
- Remington Swensson – 1st place in Beef
- Michaela Cross – 3rd place in Citizenship
- Clayton Egle – 1st place in Science and Technology
- Logan Moore – 2nd place in Food and Nutrition
- Caitlin Pruett – 5th place in Food and Nutrition
- Haylee Barksdale – Participant in Goat
- Olivia Bettesworth – 3rd place in Goat
- Christian Cross – 1st place Goat
- Shelby Simmons – Participant in Goat
- Morgan Barnes – 1st place in Health
- Sarah Jennings – Participant in Horse
- Mikayla Martinets – 5th place in Photography
- Tori Lobdell – 2nd Place in Plants and Animals
- Keaton Vawter – 1st place in Plants and Animals
- Shelby Vanover – 1st place in Poultry
- Katherine Jones – Participant in Swine
In the senior division we had nine kids that participated. Those results are as follows:
- Cody Kimbro – 5th place in Beef
- Bailey Morris – 2nd place in Citizenship
- Megan Bl and – 2nd place in Clothing and Textiles
- Kara Demmitt – 1st place in Goat
- Alicia Erwin – 2nd place in Horse
- Kendall Vawter – 1st place in Plant and Animals
- Douglas Rynders – 2nd place in Poultry
- Sarah Murray – 4th place in Sheep
- Shawn Herndon – 4th place in Shooting Sports
4-H’ers should come by the Extension office and pick up your record book.
Good luck to Kara Demmitt and Kendall Vawter, who will be participating in the state record book judging contest.
Congratulations to all of these 4-H’ers.